Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pictures....

So today I'm posting pictures. I kinda feel bad I haven't posted any in so long :) I haven't been working on much except that evil needle case that I'm temprorarily shelving until more research is completed.... Ugh...
Anyway -
 This isn't really anything big, but believe it or not I've gotten more compliments on it than anything I've ever done - I got this shirt on clearance for Untatter ($2.50) right before her birthday, & decided it was just too plain.... Had the motif laying around in the "what to do with it" box. If anybody can tell me how to rotate a darn picture, I'd love a comment about that - sometimes I just have to rotate my camera! Urgh...
 The motif.... I sewed it down on only the chains, leaving the picots loose, & used the actual motif thread to sew it down. It works pretty well that way.. .Thanks, whoever told me to do that! It's Lizbeth #20, don't remember the number, but I really like the color - teal, turquoise, or something :)
 This is three motifs in the Rose Garden Doily, from Big Book of Tatting... I think I maybe showed you one motif before, & I've since completed 2 more motifs; but you get the idea.
And this, just because I'm pretty sure I didn't post about it before, is my Pop-a-Bobbin... Cherry wood. Like alot of people over at Intatters, I had some trouble with the length of the hook, but I learned to use it. I showed it to my Daddy one day, & he said he could fix it & he so did! He didn't change the hook, he just shortened it & made the groove a little deeper & smoother with something like a dremel tool... Now I absolutely adore this shuttle.... To the point I'm considering getting another one, when Husband goes back to work. He's worked 3 days in the last 3 weeks, & I don't work out of the home. Can ya'll imagine how broke we are?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!