Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Horse Related Accident

So... Ya'll know I have horses. Or so I say from time to time :) Well, as of today I'm a hunt & peck typer, & a not at all tatter! My index finger is... well it's easiest to say it's out of comission with a pinched nerve that shoots pain all the way back to my elbow if I bend it out of the "relaxed" position. :( I hung it on the saddle horn yesterday (the part that sticks up in the front) & hyper extended the index finger to the side, if you can believe that! I thought for a while it was broken, but it didn't swell or turn blue, & I *can* bend it if I have to to almost half normal dexterity. But I can't feel anything past the knuckle & its very painful to bend it, so I can't hold the thread. Go me! Fortunately, it's on the right hand so I can still write & feed myself :)
Hopefully in a few days I'll be back to normal. If not, I'll be going crazy!! Cross your fingers for me!
And in case you were wondering, this post took around 20 minutes for me to type! :)
Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. oh phew! I'm sorry. Hopefully you can rest and be back to normal soon.
    Read a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, what a bad sprain,good thing you don't walk on your hands :D keep it at rest and hope it feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are 'saddled' with this sore finger pain. Hope you are healed up soon.
    Fox

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!