Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Finally a break from the weekend....

It always feels like a kind of relief to finish up a holiday, doesnt it?? We spent Saturday sorting through & cleaning out my Mamaw's house so she can move in with her new husband. Wow at the stuff! 75 years is a long time to accumulate this'n'thats. Shes giving most of it away & my house is now spilling over too - & there is still a week'sworth of work to do! *sigh*
Sunday we did the family Easter thing at my Daddy's house. Mamaw & new husband, Us, Brother & girlfriend, Sister & boiyfriend.... The normal crowd. We dyed eggs too. That was fun - Sister's Boyfriend's 6 year old son, Z had never done it before so he had a better time than Untatter, who was the original intended dye experience. SHe kind of lost interest & ran off to crush a boiled egg before it was over. Then we hunted eggs with Z & Untatter. That was fun =-) After that, wwwaaayyyy too much food was consumed - I LOVE easter food... Better than Thanksgiving food by far.
Then a lazy afternoon. But wow was it needed. Husband worked Saturday night from around 8 until 5 30 AM, then got up at 7 for Untatter to dig into her Easter Basket :)
Wow, I'm glad it's Monday! Maybe I'll get some tatting done today - I'm going ot stop the presses & make myself a handkerchief, & that's that! I don't care if it's in style for somebody 25 years old or not. I'm tired of using random sand paper paper towels to wipe my nose during allergy season & I don't like the bandanas Husband & Daddy carry around with them. I'm going to make it to match the bazillion Blue Willow dishes my Mamaw gave me - I love blue & white together... It's beautiful!Blue Willow  Sorry, I messed up with my Link placement there :)
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!