Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Okay, pictures as promised :)

So I'm being lazy today. It's Tuesday & Untatter is all snuggly - can't waste that now can I? So since she's snuggling me at the moment, I'm going to add some pictures.
This is my most recent large project. I can't remember exactly the name, but I believe it's either Clover of Field of Clover Doily; designer is Eileen Stafford. I love the look of it but man oh man all those clovers... Thread is Lizbeth #20, color 124 I think. I can't find the label that came on it.Sister claimed this one. Took me 4 months the finish, if you count the 2 weeks I didn't tat while we moved. I should also tell you I only get to tat around an hour a day, usually at night after Untatter has gone to bed.
This is a bracelet I made in about 30 minutes. It's Lizbeth dark purple & some cheap glass beads I got at wal mart in aqua. I like to keep one or two smaller things going at the same time I have a large project going. Keeps the boredom monster away.

This is a hair pin... It was supposed to be black with silver beads, but I was kind of dumb & used white school glue & water to stiffen it. Hence the kind of gray overcast to the stitches. I probably won't make anymore of these with this kind of flower because I can't get them to come out the same way twice. I'm pretty sure it's because the Lizbeth I've been using is kind of stiff in its own right so the petals don't lay the same way they do with Flora. I like Lizbeth for some things, Flora for others, & Altin Basak for still others. I'm kind of out of patience with these at the moment though. I made another in pink/ aqua, & purple/green.
 Also, if anybody has any suggestions as to how to attach them without sewing them on with fishing line or hot gluing them, pppppllllleeeeaaaaasssssseeee share with me!! I'm begging!
Okay, that's all you get today. Time for Sketti O's & apple juice :)
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!