Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Yay!

Okay. I had my entire post written out, ready for pictures, & Untatter hit some button that erased it all... So. Let me try this again....
I"m taking a break today from housework, as I'm so sore I can barely walk from this nifty little Tae Bo DVD I have. It's so fun, & it works everything everywhere! I've lost 3 lbs since Sunday! Go me! If it keeps going like its going I'll be where I should be in no time. 60lbs - 3lbs = 57lbs I have to lose... Seems like a lot but the small victories keep me going.
 It adds to my excitement that yesterday the barrel pattern "clicked" for BayHorse & I... I can't wait to go back to things the way they were 6 years ago - where I can race again! Except now, it'll be more fun because Untatter has her very own pony =D
Now on to the tatting.... That's in the title of my blog right?? I actually haven't been tatting much lately. It's such lovely weather here & there's been so much to do that by 8:30 p.m. I'm so tired I don't feel like doing anything except laying on the couch & staring at the mindless crap on TV. Have also been having some issues with my fingers being sore... But we don't talk about that & maybe it'll go away! As example, I've been working on Celtess's Amusement Doily since the 2nd day of this month. Yeah - wwwaaaayyy slow... I know, but I'm on the last round & I should have it done by the weekend if I work on it every night. I promise I'll try. After that, I'm opening up Celtic Tatting, Knots & Patterns by Rozella F Linden.
sorry, I'm working on learning to rotate pictures...

 I'm going to have to learn split rings to do it, but I feel like it's always nice to have another trick in my bag. I'm actually kind of ashamed at how long I've been tatting without knowing split rings. But at the same time, there's alot of lovely things to be done ring/chain/ring/chain, so I guess I'm not all that embarassed. I'm going to try everything in the book without them before I venture that far. There's only a butterfly I want to do that requires them, & I'm not sure I won't be able to find a way to "modify" it so I don't need them..... (evil plotting going on here)
Then there's the motif I told you about before... Still making those. I think I'm going to turn them into earrings or something... Maybe join & make a bracelet...? It's actually a practice piece from a book I found. I know my picots & all aren't even, but it was a "lets see how easy it is" try, & I wasn't making it for anything so I didn't care =-)


I also have to find a cute little flower to put in a press I found at Hobby Lobby. Turns out L bought one the same day I did & wants something cute in it......... No pressure....  Funny that people want my tatting, but don't want to learn how themselves.

Then there's the bracelet I've been talking about... The other picture is of the "bobble" I made as a closure... I'm not sure if I like it.

I haven't been working on hair pins, necklaces, bracelets, or anything I want to sell. I kind of burnt myself out on it. I also have a request for a modified version of the bracelet I made myself. Not so wide, beads in different places.... Actually a different bracelet. Also for L.... She's my biggest fan lol Seems I need to make a list so I don't forget! I'm off to do that!

I've been trying for 10 minutes to upload 3 pictures. Blogger is giving me problems. So I'll try again later...
Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!