Search This Blog

Friday, April 22, 2011

What's on the Agenda For Today

Well, I *did* finish the Amusement Doily before the weekend!! I haven't managed to get it blocked yet, but it's finished & the ends are woven in. So here it is. It's done in Altin Basak #30. I lost the label so I can't give you a color number... Sorry :)

sorry for the picture quality. I'm no photographer!

Now. What's next? I started Nancy Tracy's "Mom's Pink Doily" last night for my "big project". Got the first round done before bed time. I have to confess, I have a serious love for her web site, Be-stitched . When I first got started, I signed up for her news letter & to this day I still get it every month. Now there are 2 - one for a recipe, one for a tatting pattern. She's also very kind & will help you when you need it. All you have to do is shoot her an email. The link for that address is on her site.
I also said I was going to start working on Celtic Tatting when I finished what I was working on. So. I started the first pattern in the book I showed before. It's a simple snowflake that's all chains that is proving not so simple for me. This is my progress from last night. The thread is a sample of Lizbeth I got with an order from Handy Hands. I don't know the color number, & to be honest when I got it, I thought it was an odd combination. But now that I've tatted some up, I kind of like it.

This is what mine looked like, in order of number of tries. 1,2.3. Still far from perfect.



This is what it *should* look like. Copyright Rozella F. Linden.
I'm also planning on making another hair pin for Brother's Girlfriend, Brit. It'll be red & brown, or brown & red, or one or the other. *sigh* Who knows?? 
So now you know where I'll be!
Enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!