Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

On the computer when I should be doing housework....

Again.... *sigh* No pictures today, just thought I'd go ahead & drop by to say hello to the masses ;-) Nothing particular to report today, other than last night I had the first real chemicals *ever* put on my hair. And not even all of it!
I have curly hair. LOTS of curly hair. So Sister has this amazing hair dresser now, & I wanted her to "fix" the 1/2 curly, 1/2 not so much problem I have on my head. She cut it for me - I hadn't had a haircut in almost a year - & looked me over & said "This part here is the only part that isn't curling back up, hun. Maybe I could put a little curl in it, but the rest of it would just be wasting time & money."
So. Top layer was permed. Now anybody that's ever had a perm knows you can't wash your hair or put it up or anything for 48 hours. Yes, that's TWO whole days!! I did NOT realize this when I let her do this to me. I have GIANT, mid 90's hair.Not that it looks bad (can't tell yet, but so far I love the extra volume on top) or anything, just that I know I can't wash my hair for almost a whole nother day! I take a shower every day, whether I'm going somewhere or not, even if I'm sick or sore or whatever. I have to be almost dead to not take a shower. And wash my hair. I'm 2 hours into day one, & I feel like I've been camping for the weekend. Plus the wet dog slash chemical stink I can smell but everybody else says they don't.... Liars... =-)
Cross your fingers for me! I pray I'll make it 2 days & not ruin the new perm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!