Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday

It's Friday... I hear I'm supposed to be glad the weekend is here, so I'll say I am :) I have pictures taken & ready to post, but I'm not going to today. I can't remember where I put my camera & I'm really not in the mood to look for it. I'm not in the mood for much of anything today. It's all stormy & nasty outside & at the moment I'm putting off balancing my checkbook & paying bills for the week. Isn't that always a wonderful job?
I did get to ride yesterday & the day before. I'm telling you if you've never ridden you should try it - there's not much in the world that makes me as happy as riding. Before I got married & had my daughter I barrel raced. Not at rodeos but NBHA (National Barrel Horse Association). Loved it. I'm trying to get back into it, but I've got 60+ pounds to lose & a horse to train.
The horse part won't be hard; he's a smart little cow bred Quarter Horse. If you care, he's a grandson of Mr. San Peppy on both sides. He's a sweetheart. And about a month ago I realized he runs better to the left than the right.... I'm left handed, but I've always ridden to the right. I guess because most people do. Before I had Chico (that was his name when I got him) I rode an Arabian mare that would do it either way or upside down on her ears.... My Daddy broke her, I trained her...
I should insert the statement I AM NOT A HORSE TRAINER here. I don't claim to know everything, & I'm not afraid to ask for help. I've just been blessed with some good horses.
Chico turned 4 in March. He's ready to go if I could get my nerves back together. I've been out of it for 4 years or so & I can tell. The speed doesn't come as easy as it did then. But I'm going to lose this weight & learn to just let it go. If he doesn't make it, it's my fault & I will NOT let such an awesome horse go to waste because I'm scared. Period.
Anyway, Enough of that for today.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!