Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Today

No tatting for this post - I've been busy! I live in Northeast Alabama as some of you may know & we've had some terrible weather here the last few days. Thankfully, my family, friends, animals, & home are all okay. I'm so thankful & my heart goes out to all those around me that are less fortunate. As it stands, my sister & I are responsible for my father's 20 acres & all the horses, dogs, & etc that go with it. He works for a power company, as does my brother, & they're both working "can till can't" at the moment.
If you know someone who works for an electric company, do me a favor tell them Thanks. They're not like the military, but they're very important people! My brother was electrocuted & actually died & was brought back once a couple of years ago. He still has skin graft scars & a messed up tattoo. I thank God every day I still have him! I can't tell you how many times I've talked to my Daddy when he'd just come down off the top of a power pole in the middle of a driving storm. The go out & keep the lights on so you don't have to sit in the dark when it comes a tornado. Thank them.
ON a happy note, I have a FOLLOWER!!! Thanks Michelle!!
I also want to shoot out a Thank You to all the online tatters (mostly at Intatters that I know of) who are kind enough to be concerned about us Southerners right now. We greatly need your prayers, & I'm always overwhelmed at the outpouring of kindness from the Tatting Community!! Thanks my friends!!
Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome! I just started blogging about two weeks ago and realized how fun followers are so I "followed" all the blogs I've been reading with Reader since last summer. I just found you a few days ago. Keep going!
    And I'm so glad your brother is alive! Scary story!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!