Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

After Mother's Day

Mother's day is over...finally. I've never been a huge fan of card company holidays. Especially the ones that remind me of the deficiancies in my life. I am a mother, but for various reasons, I don't have one. Well I do have one - & a person that used to be my step mother & who raised me actually - I just don't for very different reasons associate with those people. It's the best thing for both my & Untatter.
On to happier subjects. My mother's day was wonderful - spend it with my amazing daughter & husband. Brother & Daddy were both given much deserved off days. They both work for power companies here in North Alabama so after the storms here you can imagine how they've been working! I got to ride with Sister, & I got a new tatting project to start.
I didn't get to tat any, but I did make a plan with Brit (Brother's girlfriend) to start a pair of barefoot sandals. Of course I looked to TotusMel's Queen's Feet Barefoot Sandals. I've never done a pair & had to print it out for Brit to see, & she wants a slight modification - she doesn't want the long chains to wrap around her leg. She wants them to fasten behind her heel.... Hmmm... Good thing I have plenty of time to work on this with her! Started them last night & should have one of  them done tonight sometime. They're suprisingly easy to make once I read the pattern. Not that I'd have been able to design it, just that it's easy to make up when you read it. TotusMel is awesome.
I also have my MPD in the works. Still on the third round.... I just have to get to it. And the cabone rings are in my bag with some sample thread that there isn't enough of to make anything of size with it. I just have to get to that too. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some pictures of at least the sandal & MPD to show you tomorrow.  Maybe a cabone ring too. I promise to try to start posting more pictures.
Enjoy your day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!