Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Not much to tell today... not much at all...

I'm pretty much only posting today out of habit. That & I have to tell *somebody* that I've found my perfect exercise routine. Is it possible? Randa, that hates runnin, aerobics, treadmills, elypticals, and going to the gym?? Why yes, yes it is.
Daddy has around 20 acres - that's where all my horses live at the moment. On that 20 acres, he built an arena for Sister & I to practice running barrels, back when we lived at home & barrel raced every weekend. We still use it for riding, but now I use it as a walking track too. Now that may not sound like much of a routine, but I've been going (off & on, very off & on) to the track in town to walk. It has hills & bridges & all that kind of thing. But it also has the dreaded exercise nuts; the ones that don't really look like they need to be there, & kind of smirk when you walk by in your baggy sweatpants & t shirt because you have a spare tire?? Okay, maybe it's just me that feels their beady little critical eyes! Maybe they're really nice people.... But they make me uncomfortable. Maybe it's because I haven't always been 60lbs overweight & I'm very self conscious about it. I wasn't exactly a fountain of self confidence before I had my daughter & expanded 4 pants sizes... But I hate going out in public in that kind of situation.
Anyway. If I walk ten laps as fast as I can while pushing a stroller with a 26lb Untatter inside, it's all the workout I can take right now. It's just over a mile in torn up dirt that's kind of sandy. So it's a little like walking on the beach, only not so deep. But you can't tell that to my stroller..... phew! I just got back & my legs are like jello.
It's perfect for me because I can be outside, I feel comfortable because I"m at home & there's not a single soul around. That's another perk of being a stay at home mom - there's nobody home around during the day :) & I get to watch all the horses running from the stroller like it's a fire breathing siren screaming dinosaur... It's kind of funny. But by the end of the walk they're used to it so they just mill around waiting for food. I love my horses... Maybe tomorrow I'll take the camera & show you a picture. Guess my "nothing to tell" post turned into something didn't it?? ;)
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!