Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Excited! And Feeling Guilty....

First thing - I'm excited because Untatter went to the bathroom in the BIG GIRL POTTY!!! That's right, we just crossed our first potty training milestone!! Woohoo!! Okay... Enough about that... =-D
Now - what am I feeling guilty about?? All this stuff I got in the mail from Fox.... And I only sent her 5 bobbins of thread or so... Look what she sent me!!
 The tin is absolutely adoreable, but I don't know that she'd appreciate her address being posted on my blog so you only get the inside, as her card is on the outside :) Then there's 10 spools of Cebelia, & those cute little beads... So I feel guilty... Hope she'll forgive me! :)
The other thing is the fact that I've been sorely neglecting & under estimating the value of both Clover & SewMate shuttles. Now I'm not going back on how much I love my Boye metal shuttles - I'll always have a soft spot for them. But since I only have 3 made in USA & 1 old one that's huge, I recently decided to put my sew mates in my purse bag. That way if I lost them, it wouldn't just break my heart. Well, I've had some time to work on the edging that's in there a couple of times, & for some reason this particular time I've used them, I just love them. So much that when I got home yesterday, I wound up the clovers I had in my stash. In the past this would have made me miserable. But yesterday, it was like something just clicked. I love them both! Now I do like the sew mates better, because the size is more comfortable for me. But I actually took all the Boyes & bobbins out of my project bag & put my 2 clovers in the bag. I only have 2 clovers & 2 sew mates for now, but still. I don't think ya'll realize what a huge shift this is for me! I do plan on buying a few more sew mates, but probably will stick with just the 2 clovers... For now...
 This is the progress on MPD. I'm not sure why but my computer is showing up that the thread is a little pink. But it's not. It's white Cebelia. Hmm... At any rate, it's coming out alot better this time around. I tried it one time several years ago - actually it was my first real project & didn't get past these medallions. I'd only been tatting around a month & apparently it didn't dawn on me that because I tat left handed, things go counter clockwise. Which means I have to consider that when making joins to the other medallions & go the other way around from normal. But I've got it this time I think. It's amazing what time & education will do isn't it?
This is what I came up with for my friend's press I was supposed to fill. Well I didn't come up with it - I remade if from one I already have. She says she likes it in pink & brown. What do you think? I just realized the date on my camera is off by about 3 years & a few days & I don't know how to fix it.... Have to call my sister on that one......
And now I'm about to take Untatter for our walk. Haven't gotten to the last few days because of rain. Now if my stroller will just dry out.... wish I hadn't left it on the porch......
Enjoy your day

4 comments:

  1. It never occurred to me that tatting left-handed would change how things are done! I'm teaching 11-14 year olds how to tat tomorrow afternoon so I'll have to take this into account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle it rarely does. I normally just go on about my day & do the same things. But occasionally, very occasionally, I realize some things are backward. Like those little sunbonnet ladies you see sometimes - mind face the other direction when they're done. I tat them the same way, it's just that sometimes I have to join seperate motifs on the other side. Not always, but sometimes. It's just something to think about if you're having trouble =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly girl!

    I was trying to give some of that Cebelia to diminish my stash! You were not supposed to send me anything but the blue Flora, which you did! Do NOT be guilty - it is a far-over-rated emotion!
    Enjoy the thread. : ))
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fox I squeeked out loud when I opened that box!! I've already got a bookmark planned with some of the pink & green, & I'm not sure what to do with the rest but that's ALOT of thread you sent me... Not to mention the cute little flower & the findings.... I don't know how to use them but youve got me planning more projects than I can do at once! :) I hope you enjoy the Flora! I love it....

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!