Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Sore hands, finished project

So I haven't posted since... last... Thursday?? Sorry, but I didn't have anything to show so I thought I'd hold off until I finished the sold necklace & earring set. That & my cousin was here from California (he lives there, isn't from there) so we of course spent part of the weekend together.
Have been walking & have GAINED 4lbs back! Boo! :( But I'm going to keep it up.... Can't hurt me can it?!
Got to ride every day since Friday so far. Shortened my rains ALOT & guess what?? Oh so much better pattern. I have more control with less movement, which helps us both out. He gets what I'm asking & I ask without slinging my arms around so much, if that makes sense.... Now. If I can just get my nerves together & get him moving *faster* - that's what barrel racing is all about, right? :)
Oh - here's my picture for the day.
It's just like the black & silver one I did for sister, except it's all brown. You can't really tell from the picture, but when the light catches the glass beads it's really quite nice. I kind of hate to say that about my own design, but I mean the beads show more color than just plain old brown. I couldn't get a good picture of it showing the colors without putting it on & since it's for someone else I didn't want to put on the earrings.
Something else I've been working through whether to post about or not... But I need to think about it & writing it out will help me not be so sad. Yesterday (22May,2011) marked five months since I lost my friend Blake. It's hard to think about, but I just can't help it. I should have gone to visit his grave, but I just couldn't make myself go; which is odd because I usually go every other week or so. Probably because I spent the day with my private thoughts of him, & didn't want anything to interrupt that. Whenever I go, I get angry. It's been five months & his family (mother & 2 brothers) still haven't even purchased a head stone for him. It isn't a financial issue, as I know he had a very large life insurance policy, for just such an occasion. Instead his mother bought herself & his younger brother a new car, they moved, sold all of his belongings (even the 32 year old horse he'd had since he was 10), & opened a new hair salon (mother & older brother are hair stylists). Basically his whole memory is dead to them & it breaks my heart because the reason he was doing the job he had when he died is so he could pay the rent for the 3 of them & keep himself afloat as well. I know I shouldn't be angry, but I can't help it when I see how they abused him in life & forgot him in death. His older brother is actually still using Blake's cell phone because he has run up & refused to pay bills with every carrier around here.
I know he's in a better place, & I know God does everything for a reason. It's just hard for me to let things go when I see such huge injustices for such a good person. Why don't I pay for the stone? You may be asking right now... I wish I could..... I would in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I *am* trying to save back a little every week, & I've asked some of his other friends to do the same. Hopefully we'll be able to get one soon.
Anyway. I have dishes to do & I desperately need to think about something else or my whole day will be blown away. My thoughts & prayers are with those in Joplin, Missourri...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!