Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's Saturday Night People!!

And guess where I am?? On my couch watching a western DVD & checking up on the things online I haven't been paging attention to.... SSSSoooo exciting! *not* :)
Weighed yesterday - I've lost TWELVE (that would be 12, yes 12) pounds!!!! I'm so super excited! That just leaves 48lbs & a bazillion clothes to go!! Feel free to be shocked that I need to lose 48lbs still. I gained 60 when I was pregnant with my daughter & it's hard to get motivated when you hit that "no more losing" stage. To be at at healthy weight, I need to weigh around 110 - 130 lbs.... You can do the math there. I'll be happy if I can get back down to 137. That's where I was when I got married. I'm 4ft10inches tall so you can imagine how I look weighing almost 200. *sigh* Like the Pillsbury Doughboy with hair!!! hehe Might as well learn to enjoy the fluff before it's gone, right?? =)
No tatting still... Boo. I swear I'm going to tat either tonight or in the morning. I hate it when I go this long. I've decided (I think) that I'm going to leave the hankie I'm doing with the one row of edging I already have on there. It's very simple - just chains - & the more I look at it the more I like it. Plus to be honest I'm kind of bored with it. Unless I come up with something I like better before I need to use it, it'll be just chains with one flower sewn to one side. A tatted one of course. Probably in the same thread.
Still working on MPD (mom's pink doily).... I'm halfway through the 3rd round & can't seem to get time to finish it. I kind of dread the next round, as it's around a million of the same motif. Okay maybe not a million, but it's one motif over & over again around the whole thing. I have a hard time with doing that, kind of like my problem with a bazillion clover leaves in the last mat I did.
I also bought some cabone rings at WalMart the other night. Am dying to try them, but I have 2 projects in my at home bag & an edging in my purse. I need to leave off on the UFO's... I know I do! So it's next. Or something... What was I going to do when I finished this?? I'll have to go back & look at what I typed up....
Fox is sending me some new colors of Cebelia & I'm super excited to get it here... If only had some kind of transport machine so I didn't have to wait for the mail to get here from Canada! I was supposed to send her some too, & I had three of the plastic bobbins wound full of the Flora she wanted, but somehow I managed to get all the way to the post office & get them in without realizing I'd only loaded ONE bobbin into the envelope! :-< So it's another trip to town for me on Monday. Mail won't run Sunday anyway...
Once again I'm touched by the kindness of Tatters. It seems like every time I mention something, someone runs to the rescue to offer it up if they have it. Sometimes if they don't they go to the store & get it for me. Wouldn't the world be wonderful if everyone behaved the way the tight - knit but so far spread out community of tatters does??
Enjoy your day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!