Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Taught myself a new trick!!

 Well as promised I have a couple of pictures for you today. One is of the center piece of the barefoot sandals. I kind of like the mustard yellow, now that it's working into shape. I'm not to fond of the thread though. I can't remember what kind it is, or I'd make a mental note not to buy anymore of that kind. I only had around half a ball & the label was gone out of it so I'm not sure what it is. I know it's number 20, & I know it's not Flora, Lizbeth, Cebelia, or Altin Basak. I have those to compare it to, & it's much stiffer than that. So. All that's left is the "hhhmmmm".....  But I have it & I've started it so I"ll use it for this project & stash it in the "ew" pile...



You can see in the picture where the ends are sewn in & where it's trying to twist where the rings close.... But overall I like the shape. Maybe if it was done in a different thread it'd be better.



This is the new trick I taught myself! There's a cabone ring under there :) Now I know there are tutorials & videos & Jane Eborall has an instruction sheet on her instruction site (there's a link to her blog, & from there there's a link to the other stuff), but I haven't printed anything & when I had time to try it my computer was "on break". Sometimes it does that. Very inconvenient. It's lizbeth #20 thread, I don't know the color. It was a sample that came with some other things I ordered from Handy Hands. I use it for practice because it's kind of an odd color combination, don't you think? I just continued on around again with chains, 5-5+5-5, so on & so on.... I put a jump ring on & I'm not sure what I'll do with it. But something...
And there you have it... All the pictures I have for now. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some pictures of MPD. I finished the third round, & I'm started on the first medallion of the 4th. I have to wait for it to dry first though.... I had to block it, as the rings - only round kind of cupped on me.
That's it for today :)
Enjoy your day


2 comments:

  1. Great Work! Excellent carbone ring for your new trick! You should have seen my first few... not pretty!

    There are some excellent instructions for covering rings on Jon's site as well. She has wonderful tutorials.
    http://tatsaway.blogspot.com/

    Where would we be without Jane and Jon and their wonderful tatting help. I shudder to think. : ))
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used anything of Jon's... I should, I know, but I just always seem to stalk Jane's pages first for help :)
    But I'm about to go follow a new blog so who knows what's next!??!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!