Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Frustration

I don't have any pictures today, because of a simple lack of will to take them.... I'm so frustrated with the MPD right now I'm tempted to just throw the whole thing in the trash & find something else. Saturday I started the 5th round, & had to cut it off & start it over 3 times. On the 3rd time, I accidentally cut a chain in the 4th round. So, naturally I had to cut off one of the motifs in that round; in doing that I cut two picots off the chain of the NEXT motif. SO that made 2 I had to remove from a round that took me three times as long as it should've taken to begin with. BBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!!!!! Guess what? The way they're joined together made it almost IMPOSSIBLE to just remove one motif & add another without twisting chains everywhere. So right now it's on the blocking board after I finished up that round again (with a total of 5 new motifs) & blocked the whole thing to make the chains (hopefully) stand straight & right.
I also just named my etsy store after my etsy screen name. Which is the same as everywhere else now. Why? Because my brain couldn't handle anymore thinking about what I should call it. I have 2 items listed there - a pair of earrings & a pendant - & a few other things I need to get listed, but just haven't. Maybe today or tomorrow. I'm not sure. I'm not really in the mood for tatting related activities on this particular day.
I'm just frustrated with anything that has to do with thread right now & am seriously considering taking a week or so off from the whole darn thing. Sometimes that happens; I just need a break from even looking at thread. Then when that time is up, I'll go back to tatting & obsessing over tatting like crazy. Or it may be a month before I even want to touch it again. Once I went an entire summer & didn't even open my tatting bag.... But that was a one time thing.
I have a sore back right now, which makes it hard to sit & tat. My horse fell with me Saturday (totally an accident they aren't mean by nature) & I kind of twisted funny on the way down. Not bad enough to keep me from functioning or riding or anything, just enough to be uncomfortable. Have done much worse.
Not to mention Husband having to work yesterday from 6 AM until well after MIDNIGHT.... Boo.
So all in all I'm in just a sour kind of mood. I hope everyone else has a much better day/week/whatever :) And I'll end my gripe session now!
Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you and the horse are feeling better!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) We're fine, we just can't be so clumsy all the time!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!